How to Use Crimping Pliers
Crimping pliers are an essential tool for all jewelry makers that work with bead stringing and bead wire projects. Learning how to properly use crimping pliers will ensure the long lasting closure and integrity of your jewelry piece.
1. Slide your crimp bead or crimp tube onto your beading wire.
2. Secure remaining wire through clasp by threading wire through the loop and back through the crimp bead or crimp tube.
3. Pull wire tightly until the clasp is securely placed and aligned next to the beads on the wire.
4. Hold strand and closure securely using the thumb and ring finger on the bead strand and index and middle finger around the closure.
5. Place the crimp bead or crimp tube in the inner indentation or “U” shape slot of the crimping pliers and press down.
6. Turn crimping tube or bead to the side and place in outer indentation of pliers. Press down until the crimping bead is wrapped around and securely closed.
Check out this article on 8 Tips to Care for Jewelry Making Pliers.
PandaHall Jewelry Tools Crimping
Jewelry Beading Crimper Pliers Bead Crimping Tool
Darice Mighty Crimper Tool, 5″
EURO TOOL Pocket Crimper