How to Use Chain Nose Pliers
Chain nose pliers are an essential tool in any jewelers toolbox. Used normally in conjunction with a flat nose pliers, chain nose pliers have a smooth inside jaw, narrow tip, and are necessary to manipulate and handle your jewelry components and wire.
Chain Nose Pliers vs. Needle Nose Pliers
Chain nose pliers are closely related to needle nose pliers. With their pointed tips, chain nose pliers may be easily confused with needle nose pliers. Unlike chain nose pliers, needle nose pliers have serrated ridges that can create indentations on your wire when manipulating it with the pliers. This makes chain nose pliers a great option for grasping and bending wire.
Because chain nose pliers will not mar your wire, they are a perfect option to use in conjunction with flat nose pliers to open and close jump rings, work with chain, secure wire, and bend wire. With their pointed tips, chain nose pliers are almost a must for wire wrapping projects that require grabbing and pulling the wire in close spots.
1. With one hand, use the flat nose pliers to secure your component before beginning any manipulation of the wire with the chain nose pliers.
2. Align the open jaw or pointed tip of the chain nose pliers over the area you would like to grab.
3. Squeeze the handle down tightly until the pliers has secured itself around the wire.
4. Secure your component or bend the wire as needed.
5. Release the grip on the chain nose pliers to remove.
Check out this article on 8 Tips to Care for Jewelry Making Pliers.
Slim Stainless Steel Chain Nose Pliers for Jewelry
Beadalon Chain Nose Pliers, Ergo Style
Vintaj Chain Nose Plier W/Cutter 5″
Casual Comfort Jewelry Making Pliers and Cutters
3pcs Jewelry Making Pliers Tools